Bring Your Piece & Learn How to Chalk Paint Furniture – Furniture Painting Workshop with Mattie Lu - February 17, 2020
Ever thought about learning how to chalk paint furniture? Do you have a piece of furniture you inherited that’s collecting dust in your garage because you can’t bear to throw it away?! Bring your piece, and join Mattie Lu for a fun Furniture Painting Workshop! Register now for our upcoming Furniture Painting 101 class on February 17th from 6 – 9 pm at the Coleman Library Annex!
In this beginner class, you’ll learn how to refurbish furniture with chalk paint, and will apply these step-by-step furniture painting techniques to your very own piece. Just imagine…turning a drab, outdated piece of furniture into a gorgeous new home furnishing!
• Learn several different painting techniques and unique finishes
• Select color combinations and paint your piece using Miss Lillian’s NO WAX Chock Paint
• Properly finish your piece with one of Miss Lillian’s Top Coats
Furniture Painting Guidelines:
• To ensure you can finish during the workshop, your furniture size shouldn’t be larger than 36 in. tall or 36 in wide. It must be easily transferable, meaning you must be able to carry your piece in and take it home with you at the end of the workshop.
• Small wooden chairs, end tables, and nightstands are great options for the furniture painting workshop. If you have a larger piece of furniture, bring a couple of doors or drawers to complete in the class.
• The painting class will go quickly, so there won’t be time to fix broken furniture. Please make sure repairs are made prior to class.
Steps to take prior to the furniture painting class:
• Sand and clean your piece of furniture prior to the workshop. Please clean your piece with a solution that is 50% water and 50% vinegar.
• If you will be using a light color of chalk paint, then your piece will need to be primed prior to the class. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on what to do, and the products to use.
• Wear comfortable clothes for painting.
• Be prepared to have fun!
• This is a 3-hour workshop from 6 – 9 pm
• Coleman Public Library, Tillman Room
• $65 per person and includes an 8 oz bottle of Miss Lillian’s NO WAX Chock Paint (you select your own color)
• Bring a small piece of furniture of your choice (see Furniture Painting Guidelines and Steps to Take Prior to The Furniture Painting Class).
• Mattie Lu will provide materials, supplies and expertise as we guide you through the process of refurbishing your piece
Class size is limited, and payment is needed to reserve your spot. Register now!
Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
If you can’t make a workshop, there are no refunds as your place and materials would have been created. If you can’t make a workshop, you must contact us 48 hours prior to the date of your workshop, and we will be happy to schedule you for a future workshop of equal or lesser value. Refunds will NOT be issued to registrants who do not contact us 48 hours prior to a workshop start. No reimbursement will be made if you fail to attend your scheduled workshop.
There are no refunds unless we cancel a workshop. You may then choose either a full refund, or credit towards a future workshop of equal or lesser value.
Want to have a private chalk painting party for yourself and your closest girlfriends, guy friends, or colleagues?! Do you have 6 or more people? Send an email to us at email@example.com with the details, and we can plan a private paint party just for you and your friends!